Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kids say the darnest things!

I was just outside my Villa talking with my neighbor who lives in a Villa two doors down. I discovered that she and her children went on the City Tour the same day as I did after we both arrived. I've met her children, mind you, but never made the connection that I photographed her kids during the tour that day, and quite frankly, turned out some great shots of her kids. I just didn't know who these kids belonged to so I couldn't share the photos with the parents. So to my surpise, these kids live right next door. The day of this excursion, which the Embassy so graciously puts on for newcomers, all the little girls had to wear the "shayla" on their heads just like the grown up ladies, and they were quite enamoured over this prospect. One little girl even had a pink head scarf on her head and all the other little girls wanted one just like it.

My neighbor related a tale of her daughter's first visit to one of the local malls. The little girl has been quite taken with the traditional dress of the Emirati and upon one of the family's first visits to the mall she told her Mom she "wanted to wear a costume too." I thought this was precious. Out of the mouths of babes........

No comments:

Post a Comment