Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Burj Khalifa Closed






The observation deck, At The Top, a visitor attraction located on the 124th floor of the world's tallest building, has been closed to the public following an incident where 60 tourists were stranded for over one hour on the deck due to "technical issues with the power supply" that caused the elevator to malfunction. One man reported he heard a loud noice and saw what looked liked dust or smoke coming out of the elevator door. One of the elevators did not reach the 124th floor. Apparently this same thing happened last month and trapped fourteen people for an hour. Most everyone remained calm about the situation until they were escorated down by via a service elevator. Some people reported it as being a scary situation stuck up on the 124th floor with no way down. The observation deck is scheduled to reopen this Sunday.
John and I were thinking of going to Dubai to go up in the Burj Khalifa. Now I don't know. I am afraid of heights anyway and not sure I could even walk up to the window. I have trouble just going up in the Peachtree Towers in Atlanta in the scenic elevator! Not sure how I would react going up 124 floors. Ugh! I get queasy just thinking about it.
The Burj Khalifa is the world's tallest building standing over 800 metres tall.
***All photos courtesy of Gulf News*****

No comments:

Post a Comment