Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Camel Festival

I just had to show more photos from the Al Dhafra Camel Festival. These were posted on the website of TimeOut Abu Dhabi magazine. They are such glorious shots that I needed to share them. I am just sick that I could not be there. What a wonderful experience it would have been. I am so disappointed I was not there to see this fascinating cultural event.



I love these dark haired Majahim camels. I would like to see one up close. I think they look beautiful. Camels are really kind of silly looking animals. John can't stand them. He says they are nasty, smelly, and spit on you. I rode one in Egypt out into the desert several years ago. It was not as beautiful as these Majahim camels. Yes, it was smelly. Yes, they spit. It was fun to ride one though. I would like to do it again.


****Photos courtsey of TimeOut Abu Dhabi******

No comments:

Post a Comment