Tuesday, February 9, 2010

CAMEL FESTIVAL

Even though I didn't get to go to the Camel Festival in Abu Dhabi (I am still upset about this!!!!) I wanted to share the photos that were published in the newspaper today. The final competition of the festival was yesterday. I didn't get to go because of the weather on Friday---it actually started raining and then the wind started blowing which means sand in the air. The festival is held out in the desert so we decided it was not a good time to go. Actually we were on our way out the door when it started raining!!! :(
I think I really missed a treat. And what wonderful photos I could have taken.............oh well.....


The dark haired camels are called The Majahim and seem to be a favorite among camel

connoisseurs.









****Photos courtsey of Gulf News******

No comments:

Post a Comment