Sunday, November 8, 2009

Katie Day 9 Leaves Paris

With the Katiebug all packed up and off to the airport by 8:30, I was left to my own devices. I instantly missed my Paris companion and felt sad for a while after she left. I busied myself with busy stuff and waited until I knew she would be on the plane, then I trotted down to the Metro and hopped on. I made my way back to the Champs Elysee to go to the bookstore again because I gave Katie the French book we bought. I replaced it and explored the bookstore for a long time while it poured rain outside. I found a section with English books and hung out there for a while just reading all the covers and writing down names of books I want to read. I did buy a Virginia Wolf book of short stories called Carlyle’s House and Victor Hugo’s Les Miserables. I spent some time in a café and quickly read the short story book by Virginia Wolf, which I liked very much. I must read more of her. I trudged around in the rain and finally made my way back to the Latin Quartier via the Metro. I spent more time in another café near the Pantheon drinking wine and read some more in my French book and a travel book I bought for Walks in Paris. I studied up on the Latin Quartier.

Just missing my baby girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment